Monday, June 1, 2009
"BLESSED AND HOLY IS THAT HATH PART IN THE FIRST RESURRECTION"
"BLESSED AND HOLY IS THAT HATH PART IN THE FIRST RESURRECTION" by: Mitozyl A. Sanchez
1. Rv.20:6 says, "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."
2. The questions is of what, how and why blessed and holy that hath part in the first resurrection?
3. Let us search in the scriptures (Jn.5:39).
I. What Is The First Resurrection Mean?
A. The first resurrection mean, is the resurrection from the dead in sins (Ep.2:1,5).
1. All men (not infants) are died in sins (Rm.5:12; 1 Tm.5:6).
a. "...for sin is the transgression of the law" (1 Jn.3:4).
b. Therefore to him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin (Js.4:17).
2. For all have sinned (Rm.3:23), For the wages of sin is death (Rm.6:23).
3. The dead in sins meaning, that is the first death--the temporal separation to God
(Is.59:1-2). If not, why not?
4. The second death mentioned in the Rev.21:8 & 20:14, refers to death in hell--the eternal
separation to God (Mt.25:41; 10:28; Mk.9:47-49).
B. The second resurrection, even though we have not read it verbatim but it clearly
understood like the first death. The scriptures mention only the second death, but we really
know that before we go to second, we go first in the first. If there is a first, must there is a second! Do you have a question with that?
1. The second resurrection, refers to the resurrection of the dead not in sins but with the
heavenly or spiritual bodies (At.24:15; 1 Co.15:20-54)
2. "...and the dead in Christ shall rise first;" (1 Ts.4:15-16).
3. "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds
to meet the Lord in the air (not in the earth) and so shall we ever be with the Lord."
II. How We That Hath Part In The First Ressurrection?
A. The only way, is to obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Ts.1:8-9). The question is,
what is the gospel? And how we obey the gospel of Christ?
B. What is the gospel of Christ? Paul explained it in 1 Co.15:1-4:
1. Paul preached the gospel to the Corinthians - v.1-2
2. Paul and Corinthians received Christ that he died for our sins - v.3
3. Christ was buried - v.4
4. Christ rose again - v.4
5. Therefore, the gospel of Christ is about the good news of his death, burial and
resurrection from the dead. This is the power of God unto salvation to every one that
C. How we obey the gospel of Christ? Paul also explain it in Rm.6:1-6:
1. We must hear and believe the gospel (Mk.16:15-16; Rm.10:17; Jn.8:24)
2. We must repent or mortify our sins (v.6, Gl.2:20; Rm.8:13; Gl.5:19-21; Lk.13:3)
3. We must confess Christ as our Lord (Mt.10:32-33; At.8:37).
4. We must buried or washed our sins in the baptism (v.4; Cl.2:12; Ef.5:26; At.22:16).
5. We must walk in newness of life as a new creature and be faithful unto death (v.4-5; Ep.4:
22-25; 2 Co.5:17; Rv.2:10).
III. Why Blessed And Holy That Hath Part In The First Resurrection?
A. Because on such the second death hath no power (Rv.20:6; 1 Co.15:55-57; Rv.2:10-11).
B. Because they shall be priests of God and of Christ (Rv.20:6; 1 Pt.2:5,9).
C. Because they shall reign with him (Rv.20:6; 5:9-10; Cf. At.20:28) a thousand years
(Cf. Ps.50:10; 105:8). The 1000 years is not literal years in futures (as of
premillenialism doctrine) but it is used as a symbolic number, meaning the completeness of time of Jesus reign in heaven (not on earth) in his existed kingdom (1 Co.15:24-26; Jn.
1. Do you want be blessed and holy through that hath part in the first resurrection, so that you
can escape the punishment of second death? (Rv.2014-15).
2. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise and be baptized and wash away thy sins, calling on the
name of the Lord" (At.22:16).